Keep Irving Beautiful held the annual “Mayor and KIB Proud Partners Awards” reception on Monday, August 06, at the First Baptist Church of Irving. Eleven awards were given in ten different categories. Honorees included:
- Youth Leadership Awards: Kids Mission
- Educator Award: North Lake College Student Life Department
- Faith Group Award: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Business and Industry Award: Googly Eyes and Craft Supplies
- Media Award: The Irving Rambler
- Civic Organization Award: Lynn Diaz, Irving Family YMCA
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Ruben and Sandy Franco
- Civil Servant Award: Irving Fire Department’s Swiftwater Rescue Team
- Green Government Award: City of Irving Public Works Department
- KIB Hometown Award: Maria Parra
- KIB Hometown Award: Monica Atwell
In addition, local nominees for the 2012 Keep Texas Beautiful Awards were honored. Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB), with over 350 affiliates statewide, presents awards in numerous categories at its annual State Conference each June. Those nominated by Keep Irving Beautiful included the City of Irving Public Works Department, in the Government Category, First Baptist Church of Irving, in the Civic Organization Category, and Nissan North America in the Ebby Halliday and Maurice Acers Business and Industry Category, all of whom received Citations of Merit.
Keep Irving Beautiful was honored with the Gold Star and Sustained Excellence Awards from Keep Texas Beautiful, and received the President’s Circle Award and a 2nd Place National Affiliate Award in its population category from Keep America Beautiful.
Congratulations to all our winners. Pictures are now posted on our Facebook page: